The head of the senior leadership team of the Engineering, Procurement, Construction contractor for an energy project in North Africa employing 4,000 – 10,000 people at various stages had a clear vision to accomplish something extraordinary. He aspired to:
- Create a high-performance culture.
- Keep everyone safe while generating high quality results with steady progress.
- Win hearts and minds of members of the project at all levels.
- Be inspired by a potent vision to bring everyone together as one team with the skills to fulfil on that vision.
- Build strong relationships between all levels and parts of the project.
- Develop and maintain a continuous adaptive practice of alignment.
- Embed strong common values – lived and visible from the top down and bottom up.
- Unlock full potential of every team member.
- Train a coaching culture.
- Foster creativity and fun.
“It seemed like a stretch” doesn’t begin to describe the gap between reality and the desired goals. In truth, few people thought it was possible.